Two thumbs down.
Javy Baez saved it actual with the media after the Mets’ win on Sunday. He primarily informed Mets followers to cease booing their very own gamers, and that the boos are what led to the thumbs-down “celebration” that he, Francisco Lindor and Kevin Pillar have been seen doing after getting hits. There have been so few of these hits that you could have not even seen it. If it have been thumbs down for strikeouts, you’ll see it a number of occasions each evening.
Baez isn’t fallacious when he says followers shouldn’t be booing their very own gamers. Though, it’s a smaller portion of followers that do the booing, not a bigger portion. The issue is that the followers who pay to be there can do what they need. Baez has been a Met for a number of weeks, and the crew had a pathetic month of August that had them go from 4 video games up within the NL East to 7.5 video games again. The brand new possession has not modified a lot, and the franchise has not received a World Sequence in 35 years. It is a pissed off fan base.
We’ve heaps to say about it on the most recent episode of the “Amazin’ However True” podcast with myself and former Met Nelson Figueroa, that includes a chat with The Put up’s Mike Puma.
Amazin’ However True Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- BAEZ REACTION: It is a horrible search for Baez, particularly coming after the Mets lastly win a collection. You don’t need the followers turning in opposition to you, and now that has occurred. The way in which to repair this might be to have a September to recollect and assist get the Mets to the playoffs, which goes to be wildly tough with the deficit they’re going through. You want a thick pores and skin to play in NY, and perhaps he doesn’t have it. Exhausting to see the scenario now the place Mets re-sign Baez. Every part appears to go fallacious with the Mets and their followers. Figgie compares to the opposite aspect when the Yankees made the thumbs-down factor a rallying cry, and it labored.
- SANDY’S STATEMENT/COHEN’S TWEET: Sandy’s assertion is making an attempt to avoid wasting face so followers will present up. Mets want to carry guys accountable. Steve Cohen wants to scrub home after the season. Exchange Sandy, exchange Luis Rojas, exchange Zack Scott and make some massive modifications to a number of the roster.
- FAN VOICEMAILS: Two followers name in to react to the most recent Mets saga.
Mike Puma Interview:
NY Put up Mets beat author
- SURPRISE: Everybody in postgame was shocked that Baez stated what he did. Mets might want to play higher to eliminate the boos. Believes Sandy did the fitting factor.
- CHANGES: Puma believes there will likely be vital modifications this offseason.
- NO LEADER: Who’s the Mets’ veteran chief? They don’t actually have one.
Compensate for all episodes of “Amazin’ However True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Comply with Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. Comply with the podcast on Twitter @AmazinButTrue. New episodes are each Monday and Thursday.