All it took for the Yankees to show it round was a few video games towards the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp…whoops, I meant the Miami Marlins.
Anthony Rizzo made his presence felt as a Yankee, homering in his first two video games in his new uniform. The Yankees swept the Marlins and are proper within the thick of the race for the second wild-card spot within the American League.
To speak concerning the profitable weekend in Miami and look forward, we convey you a brand new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Yankees legend Jeff Nelson, that includes an interview with YES Community analyst, former MLB All-Star and pal of this system, Ken Singleton.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Phase with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- RIZZO/NEW LOOK YANKEES: A much-needed sweep for the Yankees. The Marlins are additionally a really dangerous crew. Rizzo is making his presence felt rapidly and never simply on the plate, however within the area and within the dugout. Jameson Taillon and Jordan Montgomery proceed to pitch properly. Aroldis Chapman has turned his season again round. Will they restrict innings on Taillon?
- UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Yankees have the third best schedule left in MLB. In the event that they beat the groups they need to, they may get into the playoffs.
Ken Singleton Interview:
YES Community Yankees analyst, former MLB All-Star
- MUNSON: Ken tells tales of his days going up towards Thurman Munson and the somber feeling the week they performed the Yankees after he handed.
- NEW GUYS: Rizzo and Gallo assist stability out the lineup. They have been essential strikes from Brian Cashman. Rizzo may very well be the perfect Yankees first baseman since Tino Martinez.
- WILD CARD: Have to get a snug place for the wild card and perhaps discover themselves sneaking within the race to win the division.
Compensate for all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Comply with the entire crew on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES, @NYNellie43 and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the present are launched Mondays and Thursdays.